Yacht Club area median landscaping project underway
Crews recently began work on a median landscaping project extending from the Yacht Club to Cape Coral Parkway.
The project includes adding new landscaping and installing a high-efficiency irrigation system on Driftwood, Lucerne and Coronado parkways. The city council approved the $137,000 project in January.
The median work is being done by city contractor, Tony’s Landscaping, who recently began demo work on the project. Most of the existing landscaping will be removed to meet current sight distance criteria, and enhance driver safety and visibility along these roads.
Drivers may experience intermittent single-lane closures during the project; however, the roadways and access to the Yacht Club should remain open.
The project is scheduled to be completed by this summer.
Photo: Google Earth
- SWFL Military Museum unveils new 'Presidents Room' display
- B-24 flight provides trip back in time for Cape Coral veteran
- Hancock Bridge/Cultural Park intersection paving repairs scheduled for Sunday night
- Colorful quilts bring comfort to local veterans
- Competition building for upcoming Cape Coral Cardboard Boat Regatta