Cape Coral in Pictures: Wicked Dolphin's Decades Party- 1950's Shelter House Rock
On Saturday, Cape Coral's Wicked Dolphin Distillery hosted its annual Decades Party.
In its third year, the event shines a light on a decade in America's history.
This year, the event traveled back in time to the 1950's as the distillery was transformed into a sock hop at the high school gym featuring music from the birth of Rock n' Roll, poodle skirts, leather jackets, white t-shirts, blue jeans, and plenty of good times.
The evening was filled with dance contests, costume contests, silent auctions, live auctions, raffles, and more.
For those who attended, it was once again an evening that will not soon be forgotten.
Over the years, the event is held not only to provide a blast from the past but, also to raise money for the construction of Cape Coral's first no-kill animal shelter.
This year was no different as all money raised from "Shelter House Rocks" will go toward the initiative, which organizers say they hope to have shovels in the ground by later this year.
To see photos from the event, click on the link below.
- Cape Coral in Pictures: Charter Authority Rally 2017
- 4th annual Charter School Authority Rally set for this Sunday
- 5 Things To Know- Cape Coral Sounds of Jazz & Blues Festival 2017
- South Cape St. Patrick's Day Trolley Event to take place Fri., Mar. 17
- 5 Things To Know- South Cape Spring Break Reggae Festival 2017